4.28.2009

Pics & Feeling of Note [2 Weeks Post Op]

In addition to how the knee looks, there is still tightness from swelling within the joint, which is primarily responsible for my limited range of motion. Majority of the swelling seems to have gathered above the knee and to the upper sides of the knee (both on the front of the leg). I try to massage these areas to help move the fluid upward towards my lymph node.
Also, nerves were cut when the incision was made, so directly to the outside of the incision I have a numb spot that I'm told will regain feeling in the next 6-12 months as the nerves grow back.
Finally, every time I go from bent to completely straight in my surgical leg, there is a small pop (think of two tendons rubbing together, not even a 'crack' feeling) in the area of the bruising on the back of my leg. I am told this is again due to swelling, and these two tendons are just being pushed onto each other. I will probably continue to ask about it until the feeling goes away. It isn't painful, but a little uncomfortable.


Pics - 2 weeks post-op

Swelling found mostly to the upper sides and top of the knee;

Quad muscle atrophy in the L leg w/ noticeable difference b/t legs even when relaxed

Bruising on the inside of the calf much less noticeable; Bruising on the back of the knee fading significantly

No comments:

Post a Comment