4.19.2009

Getting Out and Many Thanks!! [4-5 days Post Surgery]

Saturday Afternoon (4th day post-op):

Previously I'd only left the house for PT, and those trips were a challenge in their own right, getting into and out of my helpful driver's back seats and bracing myself for each little bump in the road. However, Saturday we were able to leave the house to get some ice cream from Clark's in Berkley....

We then went to dinner (yes, AFTER ice cream!) at one of our FAVE local establishments, The Living Room/Amici's Pizza. I wasn't able to enjoy my usual Samoa Martini, thanks to the pain meds, but I was just happy getting out! Also, the owners, Jen and Maureen both made a point to talk to me and wish me a speedy recovery, which meant a lot to me!
[THANK YOU to Eric and his mom, Sandy, who've helped immensely in my post-surgical days!]

While I'm thanking, a shout out to my Mom, Dad, and Janice for also making a trip (or two!) to town to stay with me and help me through the days surrounding the surgery. Now that I find myself home alone more often than not, I realize just how very helpful everyone was, as well how much I've enjoyed everyone's company!! :)
[Daddio and Mom as they switched care taking shifts on Wednesday morning... Muchas Gracias!!]



Sunday (5th Day Post-Op):

True to the usual Sunday tradition, it was a lazy day, with the exception of a little PT at home to work towards Monday's goal of a 90 degree bend in my knee. Sandy was headed back home after spending 3+ days with us, and before she went we made sure to do a 'trial run' of me getting in and out of my own car, so I'd be able to drive myself to 10am PT on Monday. It was entertaining since I'm 5'10" and drive one of the smallest cars (a little Saturn sedan), but after nearly sitting in my passenger seat to get my straight/immobilized left leg into the footwell of the drivers side, I did prove that I was capable, however awkward!!

Even though this little 'trial run' seemed silly at first, it felt good to know I had the freedom of my car back!

And, finally, Sunday marked another great event- the start of the Outdoor Soccer Season of LOS HOOLIGANS F.C.- I can't wait to get back out and join you guys!!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos of you, the knee, the parents....how wonderful to see it all. sorry it had to be with surgery, but, ah, the silver linings. auntie b in MA

    ReplyDelete