6.03.2009

PT Decrease and Goodbye Ice Machine! [7 wks 1 day Post-Op]

For reasons I'm yet to learn, I've been called back into work tomorrow even though I was told I'd have this whole week off. This sudden change in the calendar meant my mid-day PT appointment on Friday needed to be moved, or cancelled. Since I was planning to go down to 2x/week starting next week, we decided it'd be OK to just cancel. So, all of a sudden it's less visits and more at home therapy. [I must admit, I'm ready to reduce number of visits, having just paid a healthy lump sum to catch me up for pre- and post-op therapy visits! Yikes!)

Also, they finally picked up the ThermoCompression Unit I'd been "renting" (as shown in my 4.18.09 Blog Post), which I was under the impression I'd have for 3-4 weeks, not 7! I'll miss the 'ol girl, but I s'pose an ice pack will do me just fine these days, as I have VERY minimal swelling anymore, and I would only ice after a long day on my feet.

Otherwise, today's PT went well with two nice surprises... Firstly, I bumped up to 105# for 1-leg press (using my surgical leg, of course) and it was easier than I expected! (I was doing 165# prior to surgery, so there's still work to be done..). Secondly, we got back on the treadmill for run/walk intervals, and not only was there no pain in my knee, but the limp as I run (aka "Rumping") was not nearly as severe. 15 minutes later I'd covered 1.25 miles, and it felt wonderful!! [Note: You can open up any 'PT' appointment in my ACL Calendar to see what exercises I'm up to. Keep in mind my surgery was 4.14.09...]

Even though I still have a ways to go, I am feeling very good about progress thus far!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Summer! You are on your way to getting back to normal! The treadmill? That's amazing! Keep it up and I look forward to reading more inspirational progress, as I'm a month or so behind you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous you get to run so early! But grats on the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Summer! That's great news. I am now at 7 weeks with a sick case of tendonitis and and bursitis! PT is now just laser and ice for me :(

    Hopefully, I will be back on the road to recovery soon!

    Good luck and keep up the great progress!

    Best,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete