6.11.2012

I Know Some Pretty Amazing People....

I've never felt so down on my luck and yet absolutely lucky at the same time!

Once I learned about the ACL/MCL tear, my hubby alerted our closest pals and I must say, I was flattered by the outpouring of support. So many people said what a bummer it was, but if there was anything they could do to help, to let them know. Thank you ALL for your love and support -- I continue to be floored by how lucky I am to have such great people in my life. Oh, and careful what you offer -- we might just take you up on it!

And without further adieu -- some of my favorite reactions:

"It's like your knee said "Happy 30th Summer, I'm going to remind you how OLD you are getting" ;)" - Erin (HS girlfriend)  Note: I'm not 30... until July!! :)

"The only other people I hear of this happening to are NFL running backs! Good thing you are just as tough." -Jordan (brother)

"To my dearest Summer ...I just heard and send my deepest apologies as it’s a total bummer... (followed by a kick-ass poem complete with all the personalities from the soccer team we were playing with when I got injured...)" -Erin

[Insert picture of Ashley's cats here with a dry erase board which reads "We're sorry, feel better"] ""They don't understand the concept of a knee, but they still feel for you" -Ashley

"Let me know if there is anything you need...motrin, ice, Jack Daniels." -Kristina

"(Trying to come up with the bright side...) Attention! You'll get lots of attention. People will ask to help you. People will cook you food and maybe even clean your house. Attention can be fun!" -Molly

Thanks again for all the love (and the laughs!). I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your injury. I have been fortunate so far. My reconstructed knee has held up and I just completed Ironman #5 since the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry to hear that from a fellow acl blogger, but now you know what to expect and what to do =)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete