7.11.2009

Another Year Older- What a Year! [12 Wk 2 Day Post-Op]

My blogger name has been updated.. I'm officially "Summer, 27" ! I celebrated Thursday (and the celebration continued on into the weekend) but I must say, it's been nice to get "Happy Birthday" cards as opposed to the last cards I'd gotten which read, "Get Well Soon!" !!


I think age 26 will forever be marked in my mind as "the year I tore my ACL." It's wild to think that initial injury was over 4 months ago, and surgery over 12 weeks ago. Time sure flies!

I've been blessed with a great network of support, a fantastic doctor, a wonderful physical therapist and lots of resources, including my fellow fallen friends who are going through their own ACL journey! Thanks to everyone (again.. and again.. and again..) for your support!

My goal is to take 27 and make it a strong, healthy year. Obviously injuries like this can't necessarily be avoided (unless an active lifestyle is given up - which I'm not willing to do) but I will do what I can to control my rehabilitation and future athletic endeavors!

On that note, I will be making a much better effort at doing my at-home PT. I've gotten lazy in the last week or two, and it is showing when I now go to do simple exercises at home, including lunging and some jumping tasks. Since I'm down to 1 PT session per week with Drew, I need to make sure I'm doing my part so he can progress me to the next exercises and lift any limitations aong the way!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    After you're done all of your physio, you'll be better of than you were before the injury!

    ReplyDelete